What is incontinence?
Any involuntary leakage of bladder and/or bowel
You are not alone if you are affected by a continence problem – almost 4 million Australians have incontinence.
Here are some important questions for you:
- Are you concerned going out?
- Do you feel like you have not completely empties your bladder or bowel?
- Do you sometimes have leakage of urine?
- Do you have problems with constipation or bowel leakage?
- Do you strain to empty your bowels?
- Do you wake up two or more times overnight needing to use the toilet?
- Do you sometimes not make it to the toilet in time?
- Do you always need to know where the nearest toilets are?
- Do you use a product that sometimes leaks?
- Do you have a catheter?
If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then you are advised to have a continence assessment or have your continence plan reviewed. For information on local continence clinics, ask our team or visit the Continence Foundation of Australia’s web page – www.continence.org.au